Why be part of a Clinical Trial at Breathe Clear Institute?
Our mission is to bring clinical research to as many lives as possible while delivering compassionate, respectful and exceptional care. We are dedicated to clinical research because the medical discoveries can improve the health of current and future generations. We want to serve our community by offering new and innovative treatment options and diagnostic techniques.Contact Us
What is a Clinical Trial and what are the benefits?
A clinical trial is a type of research study that helps determine how effective new medications, treatments, and devices are for patients. The information from the study adds to medical knowledge, indicating what is safe and will work to help treat different diseases and conditions. Conducting a clinical trial allows us to comprehend the risks and benefits that may result from the study. Participating in a clinical trial has many potential benefits including access to innovative treatments that are not available outside of the trial setting and experiencing in-depth and attentive care from some of the best health professionals.
To qualify for this study, potential study participants must be age 18 or older and must have had (for a minimum of 12 weeks) at least 2 of these symptoms:
- Nasal discharge
- Facial pain and pressure in the “sinus” region
- Loss or reduction in the sense of smell
Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
To qualify for this study, potential study participants must be age 18 or older and must have the following symptoms:
- Have been diagnosed with persistent/chronic ETD (duration > 3 months)
- Be a candidate for unilateral or bilateral ET balloon dilation using the XprESS device
- Be able to read and understand English
- Be able and willing to provide informed consent
- Be willing to comply with the protocol requirements